Paint the Town, April 23-29
Apr 18, 2023
Calling artists and art admirers, it’s time to leave the studio and get outside to discover and capture the beautiful Marble Falls landscape! Just a short 10-minute drive from Gregg Ranch, the Paint the Town annual plein air competition and art show, produced by Highland Lakes Creative Arts, is scheduled this month April 23-29. Plein air is the French expression for “open air.” The practice goes back for centuries but was made into an art form by the French impressionists.
Each spring, artists from across the U.S. come to the hill country to capture its incredible beauty. In addition to painting on location throughout the area, artists also participate in a quick draw competition in which they have 80 minutes to capture a scene in downtown Marble Falls.
The Paint the Town festival is not only a rewarding and powerful experience for artists, but the event also includes art activities for families and art lovers of all ages. The event features a variety of events including:
- April 25th: Paint Out event from 10 am to 4 pm at MUSEOBENINI, 3440 FM 2147 East in Marble Falls. Visitors can watch the artists, tour the gallery for free, and enjoy food trucks.
- April 27-29th: Popup gallery from 10 am to 5 pm at Lakeside Pavilion, 305 Buena Vista Drive in Marble Falls. Paintings and tabletop sculptures will be for sale.
- April 28th: Guest judge Charlie Hunterwill share about his artistic career at 1:30 pm at Lakeside Pavilion. Admission is free.
- April 28th: VIP reception at 5:30 pm. Enjoy the first view of winning paintings and the opportunity to purchase during the VIP auction. The event also includes food, wine, beer, and live music. Purchase tickets online.
- April 29th: Quick-Draw Competition from 10-11:30 am. Attendees may paint alongside seasoned artists in this outdoor competition. The winner earns free entrance to the 2024 Paint the Town.
- April 29: Family Art Day from 11 am to 5 pm at Lakeside Pavilion. All ages event. Express your creativity through interactive finger painting, watercolor, acrylic, even bubble painting. Admission is free.
Address: 307 Beuna Vista, Marble Falls
Located in charming Marble Falls, Texas this 240-acre master-planned community is northwest of Austin and is anticipated to be home to approximately 700 single-family and 250 multi-family residences. A central community area with an outdoor pool, ramada, barbeque area, shaded play area and bocce ball and horseshoe pits are planned. Gregg Ranch outdoor amenities will also include 5.5 miles of jogging and biking trails throughout the community, plus a dog park. The community is conveniently located at the intersection of State Highways 281 and 71, and is a short drive to Lake Marble Falls, Lake LBJ and the famed Texas Lake and Hill Country. Visit http://greggranch.com/ to learn more