MARBLE FALLS…A GREAT PLACE TO LIVE…AND WORK
Feb 10, 2023
6 Best Places to Work in Thriving Marble Falls Texas
Located just over an hour from Austin, Marble Falls is located in the heart of the Texas Hill Country and offers residents a home-town atmosphere with plenty of high-caliber dining, entertainment and shopping options, as well as an abundance of outdoor activities. It offers the charm of small-town living, but with big city amenities nearby, and thoughtful housing options at Gregg Ranch. But Marble Falls is more than just a charming place to live, it’s also a great place to work. Here’s our top six best places to work based on employment size, available positions and benefits with additional insight from Christian Fletcher, Executive Director of Marble Falls Economic Development Corporation.
“Marble Falls is the hub for shopping, dining and entertainment for all of Burnet County where we have a robust workforce of more than 20,000* diverse employees and a rich entrepreneurial spirit,” Fletcher shared.
- Marble Falls Independent School District: The largest employer in Marble Falls is the Marble Falls Independent School District. The highly-rated school district serves the students, parents and communities of Marble Falls, Meadowlakes, Granite Shoals, Highland Haven, Cottonwood, Fairland, Smithwick, Horseshoe Bay South and Spicewood. Employment options include educators, administrators and support staff. The district says it works to offer a growing environment combined with a fun-loving and supportive culture. Benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as eligibility for the Teacher Retirement Program of Texas. The district is also ranked as one of the best spots to work in Marble Falls by on-line career search site, com Explore the more than 33 positions currently available: MFISD Jobs
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center-Marble Falls: The area’s second largest employer is Baylor Scott & White Medical Center. Fortune.com consistently ranks Baylor Scott & White as one of the best places to work in Texas. Not only is the health of patients a major focus, so is the well-being of employees. Baylor Scott & White Health was recently named the 10th healthiest employer in Texas. From support staff to surgeons there are openings for diverse career paths and talents. Employees have access to medical, dental and visions plans as well as a retirement plan and wellness programs. Check here for current available positions: https://jobs.bswhealth.com/us/en
- HEB: We love our HEB here in Marble Falls, and it turns out Texans love to work here as well. A survey by glassdoor.com ranked the San Antonio-based chain as the 33rd best company to work for in the entire country. That is just one of the many accolades the company has earned over the past several years. HEB is one of the largest employers in the Marble Falls area offering many customer-service oriented positions. The company offers numerous opportunities, competitive pay, flexible hours, health benefits and education opportunities to learn, grow and move careers forward. Once eligible, employees also become an Owner in the company. HEB likes to say “We are in the people business, we just happen to sell groceries.”
- Hotel and Resort Management: While technically outside Marble Falls city limits, Horseshoe Bay Resort is also one of the top Marble Falls employers based on number of hotel and restaurant management and support staff positions available. Additionally, the 123-room Ophelia Hotel, scheduled to open in 2024 is also anticipated to be a top employer. Named after Ophelia “Birdie” Harwood, a legendary figure in Marble Falls, the resort is anticipated to include elegant guest rooms, over 9,000 square-foot of ballroom and meeting space, a restaurant bar and café plus a rooftop culinary experience.
- Be Your Own Boss: There is a strong entrepreneurial spirit in Marble Falls. Construction related industries ranging from HVAC installation and repair, to masonry and carpentry are doing very well according to Christian Fletcher. There is also an increasing demand for larger work-spaces. Fletcher shared how proud the city is of the many home-grown restaurants, shops and brewpubs in Marble Falls. Better yet, there is tremendous community support for independent businesses in Marble Falls and those looking for jobs in these smaller businesses may also find a more creative and nurturing work environment than in some corporate environments.
- Work from Home: After COVID the world for work changed for many employees and working from home either full or part-time has become an option. And thanks to easy access along Highway 71, remote workers are just over an hour for Austin on those days they need to go into the office. For those who need to go in only occasionally, even a two hour drive to San Antonio is doable.
Source: Texas Workforce Commission *As of 3/12/2018
Located in charming Marble Falls, Texas this 240-acre master-planned community is northwest of Austin and is anticipated to be home to approximately 700 single-family and 250 multi-family residences. A central community area with an outdoor pool, ramada, barbeque area, shaded play area and bocce ball and horseshoe pits are planned. Gregg Ranch outdoor amenities will also include 5.5 miles of jogging and biking trails throughout the community, plus a dog park. The community is conveniently located at the intersection of State Highways 281 and 71, and is a short drive to Lake Marble Falls, Lake LBJ and the famed Texas Lake and Hill Country. Visit http://greggranch.com/ to learn more