8 Tips to Best Enjoy Marble Falls Walkway of Lights
Nov 25, 2023
It’s the season of light in Marble Falls with the return of the enchanting Walkway of Lights event. Back for its 32nd year, this light show is one of the most popular holiday traditions for families in the Texas Hill Country. Whether you walk or drive, the more than two million lights winding through Lakeside Park, provide a true feast for the eyes and it is all just minutes from Gregg Ranch in Marble Falls Texas.
The Walkway of Lights is open nightly from 6-10 p.m., weather permitting, from November 18-December 31, 2022. It’s a tradition for locals and even draws in out-of-town guests, so be sure to plan ahead. Here’s a few tips to help make the most out of a magical evening at Walkway of Lights!
- Arrive Early: Because the walkway can get slick and unsafe when wet, the decision on whether to close the attraction during inclement weather will be made by 3:00pm the day of. The popularity of the attraction means it’s important to arrive early enough to park and grab a sweet treat to enjoy along the route.
- Plan Where to Park: Parking is available in two areas: one at the west end of Buena Vista and another at the corner of Yett and Main. Parking is free but limited so, again, plan ahead and arrive early.
- Enjoy A Tasty Treat: A warm cup of cocoa or a little treat makes the event even more special. Several Marble Falls non-profits will have concession stands set up throughout the walkway to tickle your tastebuds. Heartier food can be found at the many locally-owned restaurants in downtown Marble Falls.
- Don’s Miss Santa: This show is a treat throughout the holiday season, with scheduled theme nights scheduled for the duration of the event. And don’t forget, Santa will be in Santa’s Workshop at the Walkway of Lights every Friday (6PM-10PM) Saturday (6PM-9PM), and Sunday (6PM-10PM) from November 18thto December 19th.
- Bring your Pet: Furry friends are welcome at the event as long as they are on a leash (city ordinances) and you clean up any messes.
- Invite the Whole Family: The Walkway of lights is ADA accessible as the entire pathway is paved. There is one small hill to take it easy on, and handicap parking available in front of the entrance.
- Leave your Drone and Skateboard at Home: Although you may be eager to get some exciting video, event organizers insist that you leave your drone at home. Additionally, no bicycles, skateboards, scooters or Segways are permitted along the path at Walkway of Lights.
- Support the Free Event: The Walkway of Lights is a free event hosted by the Marble Falls Chamber of Commerce, entirely funded by donations. If you are interested in donating to the Walkway of Lights, there will be donation boxes throughout the walkway for cash donations and DipJars” will be available for credit card donations.
Kick off the holiday season or take a break from the hustle and bustle and enjoy a night among the lights. Whether you are visiting for the first time or returning for more, The Walkway of Lights is a wonderful tradition that is the pride and joy of Marble Falls’ holiday season.
Dates: Daily Nov. 18, 2022 through Dec. 31, 2022
Times: 6-10 p.m.
Location: Lakeside Pavilion Marble Falls, TX 78654
Admission: Free. Donations are encouraged.
For more information visit: https://visitmarblefalls.org/walkway-of-lights-faq
Located in charming Marble Falls, Texas this 240-acre master-planned community is northwest of Austin and is anticipated to be home to approximately 700 single-family and 250 multi-family residences. A central community area with an outdoor pool, ramada, barbeque area, shaded play area and bocce ball and horseshoe pits are planned. Gregg Ranch outdoor amenities will also include 5.5 miles of jogging and biking trails throughout the community, plus a dog park. The community is conveniently located at the intersection of State Highways 281 and 71, and is a short drive to Lake Marble Falls, Lake LBJ and the famed Texas Lake and Hill Country. Visit http://greggranch.com/ to learn more.