7 New Businesses Coming to Marble Falls
Aug 31, 2022
All roads really do lead to Marble Falls! We had a great conversation with Christian Fletcher, Executive Director of Marble Falls Economic Development Corporation, who let us in on a few new announcements for thriving Marble Falls. We’ve compiled a list of these new businesses coming to Marble Falls within the next year or so as well as some upcoming area improvements. The city’s amazing economic growth is attracting new places to shop, eat, play, and relax; creating even more reasons to call Gregg Ranch in Marble Falls home!
New places to shop and eat
These four new food and retail locations have already received permits and are ready to start construction or are already open:
- Downtown Beer Hall opened recently. The new beer garden offers up to 36 beers on tap, with craft beers from all over the area, plus delicious sandwiches. Located at 209 Main St., Marble Falls, downtown.
- A combination Burkes Outlet and Home Centric store, both owned by Bealls, Inc., will feature wall décor, small furniture, and home accents.
- HTeaO is a tea café that features 27 flavors of fresh-brewed iced tea, with a drive-through window. https://hteao.com/locations/marble-falls-tx/ 909 Ave. H, Marble Falls
- A former Pizza Hut site will become a combination Dunkin’ Donuts and Pizza Hut shop at 1000 US-281, Marble Falls. https://locations.pizzahut.com/tx/marble-falls/1000-n-highway-281?utm_medium=organic&utm_source=local&utm_campaign=googlelistings&utm_content=website&utm_term=288668
- The Ophelia Hotel Marble Falls, A Tapestry Collection by Hilton Hotel, is a hotel and conference center that will break ground this summer with an expected opening in early 2024.
The Ophelia Hotel Marble Falls is named after Ophelia “Birdie” Harwood, a legendary figure in Marble Falls. Ophelia was a trailblazer during her era. She became the first female mayor in the State of Texas, three years before women even had the right to vote. She left an incredible legacy that will be honored with this new addition on the south end of Main St.
- Sports Complex at Thunder Rock is under construction, with an opening date of 2023. The complex is anticipated to have numerous baseball, softball, soccer and flex fields. https://centurionamerican.com/thunder-rock-development-breaks-ground/
- Resident Inn by Marriot has been approved by city council and zoning has been approved. The location is by U.S. Route 281 and Old River Rd, by Starbucks.
- In design is a pedestrian bridge, to be installed in 2023. The bridge will connect two main parks, Johnson and Lakeside parks. The bridge will offer a more direct connection.
EDC Executive Director Christian Fletcher believes the new bridge will be well-received by residents.
“Right now, it’s a little bit of a haul to get from one park to another,” Fletcher said. “The pedestrian bridge over Backbone Creek will help connect those amenities. It will be one more way to enjoy the environment.”
- Improvements to lakefront, boardwalk and powerhouse will be under construction in 2023.
Fletcher added that the city will be announcing even more exciting additions this fall. “We have had sustained growth for a long time and Marble Falls is still growing,” he said. “We are thrilled to be where we are, we love Marble Falls, and we welcome anyone to enjoy our community with us.”
Located in charming Marble Falls, Texas this 240-acre master-planned community is northwest of Austin and is anticipated to be home to approximately 700 single-family and 250 multi-family residences. A central community area with an outdoor pool, ramada, barbeque area, shaded play area and bocce ball and horseshoe pits are planned. Gregg Ranch outdoor amenities will also include 5.5 miles of jogging and biking trails throughout the community, plus a dog park. The community is conveniently located at the intersection of State Highways 281 and 71, and is a short drive to Lake Marble Falls, Lake LBJ and the famed Texas Lake and Hill Country. Visit http://greggranch.com/ to learn more.