11 Best Wineries in and Around Marble Falls, Texas
Oct 25, 2020
One of the perks of living in (or visiting) the hill and lake country is taking time to explore a Texas vineyard or two. Indulge in the sights, sounds, aromas and tastes of some of the finest local wine in and around Marble Falls. If you don’t know the fundamentals of wine tasting, don’t worry. Now is the perfect time to learn as each winery is dedicated to expanding your knowledge— whether casually or more formally! If you’re already a connoisseur, we’ve got the crème of the crop from around the hill country listed below.
*We’ve updated our list to include recent operational changes dues to COVID, but check each location’s website for the most recent updates.
With four locations including one right here in Marble Falls, Fiesta Winery is a delicious and convenient way to try a variety of Texas white, red and rosè wines. Located on Main street, this charming winery promises a “fiesta” in every bottle. *The city of Marble Falls has issued orders requiring businesses to enforce the wearing of facial coverings for all customers and employees.
Location: 309 Main Street #9, Marble Falls.
2. Flat Creek Enoteca/Flat Creek Estate. Visit both locations—there’s the vineyard property at 24912 Singleton Bend E. Marble Falls for tours of the wine production area, wine tastings and on-site lodging, or the Enoteca Urban Wine Bar at 112 US Hwy 281, Marble Falls, if you prefer a convenient downtown location with wood-fired Texas-Tuscan fare, wine flights and a wine shop. Wine and food service beginning at 11 a.m. The Vineyard estate is closed Tuesday and Wednesdays.
Locations: 24912 Singleton Bend E. Marble Falls.
Enoteca Urban Wine Bar at 112 US Hwy 281, Marble Falls.
3. Torr Na Lochs sits high above the Colorado River Valley overlooking both Inks and Buchanan Lakes. Relax and enjoy the beautiful views and a variety of wines poured by friendly staff. *Groups of 10 or less per wine tasting.
Location:7055 W. State Hwy 29, Burnet.
4. Perissos Vineyard and Winery offers two ways to experience the winery, with the options of an educational, personal tour of the vineyard and wine cellar, or a tasting room, along with a selection of wines to enjoy. The goal is to provide a fun tasting and a deeper knowledge of farming practices and winemaking techniques.
Location: 7214 Park Road 4 W Burnet.
5. Spicewood Vineyards has a long history of estate-grown grapes and relationships with top growers dedicated to helping the wine-making industry expand in Texas. Visit the vineyards year-round for wine tasting. *Virtual tastings currently offered.
Location: 1419 County Rd 409, Spicewood.
6. Flanigan’s: Texas Distillery & Winery is located in the historic Griffith Lumber Company brick and stone buildings where you can enjoy a sommelier-style tasting. Don’t miss the annual Wine Festival in May. *The tasting room is temporarily closed; however you can still enjoy your wine by placing a pick-up order.
Location:330 N Lampasas St, Bertram.
7. El Gaucho Winery is a relaxed, Argentine-style setting. Take a winding dirt road to enjoy a glass of wine perched atop a hill on Kathy Lane. *Groups of 10 or less per wine tasting.
Location: 21301 Kathy Ln, Spicewood.
8. Hawk’s Shadow Winery. Picnics on the patio and dinners in the cellar with beautiful views of Texas Hill Country make this winery distinctive. Request a private tasting experience for the ultimate experience.
Location: 7500 McGregor Rd. Dripping Springs.
9. Texas Hills Vineyard is a great place to enjoy not just Texas-made wine, but also Texas-made cheese and sausage. The patio overlooks 25 acres of 20-year-old vines. *Reservations are recommended.
Location: 878 Ranch Rd 2766, Johnson City.
10. Thirsty Mule Winery features their own exclusive wines made from Texas and California grapes at the winery. Featuring a wide range of wines including whites, sweets and reds. Live music on the weekend and wood-fired pizza baked onsite. Also features whiskey tastings.
Location: 101 County Rd 257, Liberty Hill.
Wedding Oak Winery just opened a charming location in Burnet complete with a tasting room and hospitality center in a relaxed 1883 historic setting on Courthouse Square. Enjoy authentic Texas-grown wines in the members’ lounge, stunning rooftop terrace or spacious patio. Guests feel like family, commenting on the exquisite selection and premium service.
Location: 229 S. Pierce, Burnet.
These are just a few of the local wineries and vineyards. in and around Marble Falls. Travel a little farther for a larger selection of Texas wines. Cheers!
Located in charming Marble Falls, Texas this 240-acre master-planned community is northwest of Austin and is anticipated to be home to approximately 700 single-family and 250 multi-family residences. A central community area with an outdoor pool, ramada, barbecue area, shaded play area and bocce ball and horseshoe pits are planned. Gregg Ranch outdoor amenities will also include 5.5 miles of jogging and biking trails throughout the community, plus a dog park. The community is conveniently located at the intersection of State Highways 281 and 71, and is a short drive to Lake Marble Falls, Lake LBJ and the famed Texas Lake and Hill Country. Visit http://greggranch.com/ to learn more.