Backyard Grilling Tips and Gifts for Dad
Jun 3, 2021
Does your Dad have a passion for grilling the best burgers, steaks or ribs for your family? Whether he’s a pro or a beginner, grilling seems to fit many Father’s Day celebrations. Grilling in your own backyard might be the most popular location for celebrating Dad this year!
Here’s a collection of tips for grilling and gift giving that might spice up the grilling in your backyard:
Weber, one of the most popular manufacturer of charcoal and gas grills, gives these tips for successful grilling. See the link for specific instructions.
- Preheat the grill
- Keep your grill clean
- Keep the grill lid down (this limits the amount of oxygen inside the grill, which will help extinguish any flare-ups.)
- Grilling time and temperature
- Direct vs. indirect heat
- Maintaining grill temperatures
- Tame the flame
- Caramelization is key
- No lighter fluid
Gifts Suggestions from HighlandLakes.com in Texas
- Steaks, shrimp, etc. to grill
- A brand for his steaks (favorite team logo, initials)
- DIY rub for steaks with homemade label
- DIY apron with kids’ handprints
- DIY idea, clean the grill for Dad
- Gift basket: Marinades, rubs and grilling utensils
More Assorted Gift Ideas
- Target has a great 17-piece BBQ Tool Set with all the essentials.
- How about a BBQ Campsite Organizer from Sportsman’s Guide?
- Best of all, how about a Darth Vader Father of the Year Apron?
Plus, a Cooking Tip from the Cadence Community
Grilling Trout Flawlessly
The trick to perfect trout is keeping it simple! Simply brush rainbow trout filets with olive oil, butter, lemon, and fresh herbs, lightly salt and pepper to taste, and grill for 4 minutes on each side. We heard trout fishing can be great at Guadalupe River in Texas Hill Country. Check here for location information: https://texashillcountry.com/guadalupe-river-state-park-breathless/
Finally, How to make your marinades taste like New Mexico
Give the recipes from author Cheryl Alters Jamison a try. She says, “The flavors of the Southwest are the flavors of outdoor cooking—the bold use of spices and the whiff of sultry woodsmoke, grilled beefsteaks crustily seared, smoldering spit-roasted cabrito fragrant with fresh sage, the sizzle and smoke of pork at a community matanza.”
Enjoy your Dad and have a safe and fun Father’s Day!
Gregg Ranch, northwest of Austin in charming Marble Falls, Texas, is a 240-acre master-planned community that is anticipated to be home to approximately 700 single-family and 250 multi-family residences. Gregg Ranch features a central community area with outdoor pool, ramada, barbecue area, shaded play area, bocce ball, horseshoe pits, 5.5 miles of jogging and biking trails throughout the community and dog park. The community is conveniently located at Routes 281 and 71, and is a short drive to Lake Marble Falls, Lake LBJ and the famed Texas Lake and Hill Country. Visit http://greggranch.com/